Thursday, October 26, 2006

Three Days Grace- One-X

Three Days Grace have been a nice flashback for me to mid-90's alternative rock. That was my personal favorite time for rock, mostly because that was when I was growing up.

Three Days Grace's second album, One-X, is quite excellent. Besides the radio single, "Animal I Have Become," there are many other great songs on the album. My personal favorites are "Time of Dying" and "Gone Forever." Lyrically, the album is very angst-ridden. At times, the lyrics become a little immature, such as in "Riot," but overall, the album is very successful in being angry without coming across as annoying or stereotypical. I think the second single, "Pain," is a little weak, but is not at all a bad song. The echo on the chorus is especially unique, not something you hear very often.

The lead singer's voice really shines on this album. He shows more range, and proves that the band can slow down at times, but can still scream when the lyrics need to be hammered into your head. I love this band, and the albums are just getting better and better. Damn, I hope modern rock music moves more in this direction than the rest of the emo crap!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home