Thursday, July 26, 2007

White Light, White Heat, White Trash

No, this entry is not a review of the great Social Distortion album called "White Light, White Heat, White Trash." In fact, I am briefly going to vent on something that has been in the news lately. It has a little to do with music, so here it goes...

As many of you probably heard/read/saw, Lindsey Lohan was arrested again this week. This time, it was for DUI and possibly cocaine possession. I'm going to leave my judgments about the substances out of this, so as to not cloud the issue. Lindsey Lohan has now officially joined the ranks of Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. I think I speak for the majority of the world when I say that none of the three of these women have very much (if any) talent whatsoever. All three have done an album (if not more) which sucked worse than anything we could have expected. So here is my complaint. Why are these people popular? Why do people buy those TERRIBLE albums? Why are we subjected to hearing daily news stories about these people? No one respects Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, or Britney Spears. Everyone is just waiting to hear what pathetic excuse they come up with next. Lohan gets pulled over and blows a .13 or something on the breathalizer, and then releases an OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE saying that she is innocent. I dunno how the cop rigged that breathalizer to "get" Lohan, but he must've done a helluva job. Oh, and did you see Lohan's mug shot?! SHE'S UGLY AS SHIT!!! Everyone thinks she's so hot, yet when you chisel off the pounds of make-up and coke from under her nose, go figure, shes not all that hot. I'm convinced you could take the ugliest girl in the world and slather on the make-up and a boob-job and half the world would go buy her movies and albums. Are people really that blind? I really hope that parents are seeing this shit too. If you see your kids idolizing any of these drug-addicted, dumber-than-a-stick, anorexic bimbos, PLEASE stop them. Our society pushes enough negative images on people, don't buy into the hollywood bullshit and think that these people are talented, attractive, or worth more than a second of your time. These are the people that drag our society down, give women a terrible name, and ruin the thing I care a lot about, music. NO MORE PARIS HILTON ALBUMS! I sometimes wonder if the Hilton patriarchs (the actual millionaires) regret even having children. I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home